Friday, June 29, 2007

Living Water

From the time of my last post to now God has turned my heart from mourning to joy. He has blessed me so deeply with the love of random people here in Hawaii, those that have listened to His spirit and poured into me. I thank God for Caryle. That she was able to listen and to teach me. God gave me her on that day as a gift. Praise God. I want to never forsake the small blessing of coffee with a stranger, yet sister in Christ. I feel God has a message for the youth here, a specific one, that you must know who Jesus is, to understand where He walked, and who He talked to, to look like the Father. I however, have not had deaf ears. I too am learning what it means to look and talk and walk like Christ. Now, I know we have heard this before...what would Jesus do right? Well, sometimes the commerical Jesus clouds the revolutionary one...good intentions spoil the best. I am convinced daily that we aren't to learn how Jesus acted and then merely imitate Him. We are to believe. Just believe. We are to read the Word, recieve the Spirit, believe that He is the risen Son of God, and streams of Living Water will flow from within. This scripture doesn't say if we believe we will be living water, it simply says that it will flow from within. I once thought that I could "be" living water, now I realize that it is flowing from me. Wow. What a thought. To understand further, I sought the definition of "flow"- google states it well..."move or progress freely", "be abundently present", "uninterrupted stream", If you believe Jesus, take Him at His word, you will be an uninterrupted stream, the Spirit will be abundently present within...
Now sometimes the commercial Kara clouds the revolutionary one, sometimes I seek to do what Jesus did, I want to be a replication...and that is simply it. But that isn't what we are asked to do, we are only asked to believe, and then streams of Living water will flow...in Jeremiah we learn that the people have "committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water." What is a cistern exactly? Well according again to google it is "an artificial reservoir for storing liquids, ususally water"...hmmm. why did God speak of being the spring of living water, just before this verse? There wasn't a flow anymore, no uninterrupted stream, God was abundently present. He was being stored in a cistern, a broken one. One that couldn't hold Him. God can't be held in a cistern, He must flow from within. This begs the question, the obvious cliche one...where are we storing our streams of Living water? Has the flow stopped, are we dry because we have no longer allowed God to spring out of us, and we have replaced a steady stream with a leaking pot?
I no longer want to be like Christ, I want Christ to come out of me... I only fail if I try to be like Him, I can no longer ask what Jesus would do. I simply do not know. He must flow from me. I must only be the vessel. [Vessel-a craft designed for water transportation] ...huh...ironic? No. Strategic? yes.
I am praying now that we would all stop trying to be like Christ, and simply let Christ be in us.